Community Forum

Change bill due date

New Poster

Change bill due date

In a call today I was told by a customer service agent that in WA state that I could now change bill due date via the internet website. I logged into this site, however I cannot find any place to make this change to my account. Please advise. Thank you.
Official Employee

Re: Change bill due date

Hi, drew_lowe,

We used to not be able to change the due date. I did some digging and have step by step instructions for you. 

1. Sign into My Account.
    • Note: If you have forgotten your username or password, you can click on the Forgot Username or Password link at the bottom of the login screen.
  2. Click on the Settings link at the top of the My Account page.
  3. Under Bill Settings on the left side, select Billing Dates.
  4. Click Edit next to Current Bill Due Date, or if you have already requested a change, you can click Cancel Request next to Change Status.
    • Note: If the Edit link is not present, you are not eligible to change your due date. You can click on View Details to review why you are not eligible.
  5. Select your new bill due date from the dropdown and click Continue.
    • Note: The following dates are not available every month: 29, 30, 31.
  6. Review the details of your requested bill due date change and click Done.
  7. Review your requested bill due date change confirmation and, when complete, click Thanks, I’m Done.

Note: You can only change your due date once every six months. You can access My Account to edit or cancel your change request up until your next bill statement prints.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastMartin wrote: ... Under Bill Settings on the left side, select Billing Dates. ...

I'm not the OP, but I wanted to let you know that I have do not have a "Billing Dates" option on my Settings page in My Account. Logged in as the Primary user, my "Bill Settings" items are:

• Automatic Payments
  • Paperless Billing
  • Saved Payment Methods
  • Billing Cycle
  • Scheduled Payments

Why isn't "Billing Dates" on the list?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, BruceW. It sounds like you're in an area where this feature/ability hasn't yet launched. This is currently only available to eligible customers in the Portland, Oregon area. The ability to request a change to your due date in additional cities will become available soon. Below you will find our current schedule for this becoming available in other parts of the US:

• Central Division
  1. Chicago Region - February 5, 2019
  2. Big South Region - February 12, 2019
  3. Florida Region - February 19, 2019
  4. Heartland Region - February 26, 2019
  • Northeast Division
  1. Freedom Region - February 7, 2019
  2. Beltway Region - February 14, 2019
  3. Keystone Region - February 21, 2019
  4. Greater Boston Region - February 28, 2019
  5. Western New England - February 28, 2019
  • West Division
  1. SW Washington/Oregon (Portland) Region - December 5, 2018
  2. Twin Cities Region - February 6, 2019
  3. California Region - February 13, 2019
  4. Washington (Seattle) Region - February 20, 2019
  5. Mountain West Region - February 27, 2019
  6. Houston Region - March 6, 2019

That should help. Let me know what other questions you have, if any. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastMorgan wrote: ...This is currently only available to eligible customers in the Portland, Oregon area. The ability to request a change to your due date in additional cities will become available soon. ... 

Fair enough. Thanks much for the info.

Official Employee

My pleasure. Take care!