Community Forum

Cement curb box possible hazard

Regular Visitor

Cement curb box possible hazard

Arrived from out of town at 5:30 am and found the cement curb box lid open and cable wires sticking out. The box is adjacent to the sidewalk, a street light pole and an underground electric transformer and splicebox. I am not sure if a crew started working on it the day before and left it open but the person on the text line (Comcast) had no way of verifying it. After telling the person on the other end what I posted above , I was asked for my name address and contact number which I provided. Then I was told someone would contact me between 24 to 72 hours. I told the person nobody needs to contact me because I have no service related issues and the box is a comcast splice box with other customers connections. I told Comcast (the person) that I was reporting a possible safety hazard. Then "Comcast" responded since it is a safety concern "Comcast" will forward this to the local dispatch group. I asked if I could speak to a local supervisor since Comcast (probably an overseas call center rep) obviously was not understanding the issue. No local contact was offered.

Well, we will see what happens. Hopefully nobody gets hurt in the meantime.

Regular Visitor

Re: Cement curb box possible hazard

Picture won't post. I am connected via my xfinity wifi. Is there a size limit? I cant even post a single picture.
Regular Visitor

Comcast Care Chat: Your ticket number 04 67 19 5 83 has been submitted.

Comcast Care Chat: One of our team members will contact you about this issue by with in 24-72 hours.

24 to 72 hours? If a child gets hurt before that time you understand somebody may loose their job right? I mentioned the safety concern at the beginning of our chat.
Regular Visitor

It is 6:50 pm now and the box is still as we found it at 5:30 am