Community Forum

Capacity Overload, Xfinity Local Internet Crippled, How Will Refunds Be Issued To Customers?

Rjcsj
Regular Visitor

Capacity Overload, Xfinity Local Internet Crippled, How Will Refunds Be Issued To Customers?

Your third technician  in five days visiting my home indicated Xfinity's local usage has consistently exceeded 90% of capacity resulting in crippled service/denial of service to myself and other paying customers

Xfinity advertises and promotes certain high speed services and fees;

Xfinity's pipe is not large enough, by its own agent's admission, to satisfy the service levels it alleges to be capable of delivering to our community;

Currently MBPS up and down are at less than 10, or 1/60th of what I am billed;

How will Xfinity refund me and members of my community for its inability to deliver charged services as this seems illegitimate and deliberate misrepresentation of Xfinity's capabilities?

Allegedly Xfinity's inability to meet local demand is due to quarantined individuals, office workers now at home and school children learning from home. One can assume Xfinity's shortfall extends back to April 2020 in N. CA.

Please advise how I can recover over charges for misrepresented capabilities and deliverables back to April 1, 2020.

ComcastEmilyS
Official Employee

Re: Capacity Overload, Xfinity Local Internet Crippled, How Will Refunds Be Issued To Customers?

Hey there, @Rjcsj! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to reach out to us here on the Xfinity forums. I rely on my internet for work so I'd be frustrated if I wasn't getting the speeds I pay for. I'd love to take a closer look at what's going on with your internet connection. Please send me a Private Message with your name and address so I can help.

To send a private message, click my name " ComcastEmilyS", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!