Community Forum

Cant upgrade without pointless instillation fee?

Frequent Visitor

Cant upgrade without pointless instillation fee?

i have comcast internet already using my own modem and pay about $50/month for 15mbs.

i noticed there is a internet + cable deal i am qualified for that is $59.99 for 100mbs + 10 channels called "Choice Double Play" i am qualified for. Im forced to pay $2.67 a month for a cable box which is fine and ill continue to use the modem i already have.

But when i proceed to go to the checkout process it automatically adds a $59.99 installation fee that i dont need. There is noting to install, my modem is already connected and running and the cable box is going into the closet until need to return it. Is there any way around this besides leaving?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cant upgrade without pointless instillation fee?

looks like im going to get the same level of customer support on here as i do in person, on the phone, in chat. comcast is a joke.

Expert

@bandb1 wrote:

looks like im going to get the same level of customer support on here as i do in person, on the phone, in chat. comcast is a joke.

This is primarily a customer-to-customer Help & Support forum.  Your post has gone into a queue for an Official Employee to respond and will be answered by them in the order that posts are received, or if another customer has helped first. 

In the meantime, please do not PM an Official Employee because it is against Forum Guidelines to do so.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

still holding my breath. its crazy i have to jump through hoops to give a business MORE business. cant wait till the fiber optic is finally laid here.

Official Employee

Hello bandb1. Apologies for the delay in getting to you. I can assist with a review of the promotional offers available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!