Community Forum

Cant get internet installed when neighbor has it

Regular Visitor

Cant get internet installed when neighbor has it

HELP! I have had 5 missed appointments for internet to be installed. I have given my SSN to 5 different sales reps. I've had to listen to the bundling sales pitch 5 different times now.

I am in a new house where both my neighbors have Xfinity internet. We all work off the same power pole. I'm being told my house is not serviceable right now, and they cannot give me a timetable for when it will be. On Tuesday an Xfinity crew was working on the pole upgrading the equipment that is already there. I asked them about my house, and they said there is absolutely no reason why I cannot get internet installed. They were stunned to here I could not get someone out here or that my address is showing as not being serviceable.

I have talked to atleast 15 different Xfinity employees. All of them say they cannot talk to anyone on the construction side. 5 of them have said they will call me back the next day with updates, and none have. I have their employee codes but that seems to mean nothing.

I live in a well populated area. My neighbors both have xfinity intenet. The construction crew confirmed I am good to go. Does anyone have advice on how I can get someone out here to install internet or talk to someone on the construction side of the business? The sales side of xfinity seems to have no way of talking to the consutruction side.

Expert

Re: Cant get internet installed when neighbor has it

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Cant get internet installed when neighbor has it

Hi @kr19. I have received your private message as well as this post. I will gladly help you get a serviceability ticket submitted so we can get your address added to our system, so you can get services setup. Please send me a private message and include your full name, home address, and contact phone number so I can assist you.