Community Forum

Cannot get Comcast to bury underground cable (or even contact 811 to mark utilities)

Regular Visitor

Cannot get Comcast to bury underground cable (or even contact 811 to mark utilities)

Our internet went out on Monday 7/16.  Called Comcast and they responded very fast (same day) and fixed the issue.  It seems the underground cable that runs from the box by the street/curb to the side of my house fried (tech's words, not mine).  So the tech placed a temporary cable from box by street/curb to side of my house over my landscaping.  Internet has been working perfectly ever since so no issues there. 

Tech said he put work order in for cable to be buried underground.  First they will contact 811 to mark all utilities then within 5 days or so of that a 3rd party contractor will come and bury cable.  It is a straight line with no obstructions---tech said job would take no loner than 30 minutes.

Since tech fixed issue on 7/16 and told me all this, nothing else has happened at all!  Utilities have not even been marked.  I contacted 811 and they said they never got an order to come out to my house so Comcast still has not even contacted them.  I talked to at least 10 different people within Comcast and no one knows the answer and no one knows where to get the answer.  In the beginning I kept getting the same answer is that it takes 14 days from tech visit to bury so I needed to wait.  Now that the 14 days is up, Comcast literally has no answers for me and does not know what is going on themselves!  I even physically went into a Comcast service center in person and they were no help and could only make a comment on my account.  

After a poor survey I gave Comcast, they called me this past Sunday 7/29 to go over everything for the umpteenth time.  They escalated the issue and gave me a ER1 ticket number and said supervisor would contact me within 24-48 hours.  To date, no one has called me.

The service and internet works great.  I just want the utilities marked and cable buried.  That's it.  Currently I have to put little flags along the length of the temporary cable over my landscaping/grass to make sure no one cuts it while mowing the lawn.

I need someone from Comcast who knows what is going on and can give me actual answers and not just keep bouncing me around telling me someone will eventually contact me.  I know it won't get buried today, but I just need the process to start moving already and someone to tell me where we are at.  Very frustrating and disappointed!

Expert

Re: Cannot get Comcast to bury underground cable (or even contact 811 to mark utilities)

Hi @rogflor1282

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your unburied drop. The team here can definitely get that taken care of for you. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Cannot get Comcast to bury underground cable (or even contact 811 to mark utilities)

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!