Community Forum

Cannot change services - "We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order."

Regular Visitor

Cannot change services - "We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order."

Been getting this message on the website for months everytime I try to change services. Been googling and it looks like this is a widespread issue. Sounds like a scam to make you call customer service to get upgrade options over the phone instead.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot change services - "We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your or...

Hi, lock571 - This is not the scam, the "online shopping" feature is not available for your account due to it's still on the old billing system. If you would like to make any changes - let me know and I can help. Just send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot change services - "We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your

How do I upgrad to the new billing system then? Why doesn't it tell me this when I try to access the change services page? For an internet company, Comcast has one of the worst websites I've ever used. I absolutely not have the patience to learn about different tv/internet packages over the phone.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot change services - "We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your

Hey lock571,

I understand why this would be frustrating. I'd be more than happy to get details of a new promotion here online. If you're interested in discussing your options, send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services, and we can go from there.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Here's an idea, as my TV cable supplier and supposedly the best internet supplier why don't you fix your side of the issue insteas of having "customers" call the company all the time. It appears to me by the actions of Comcast when I call for service issues I find A) many service reps have trouble with the English language They are not interested in customer service, they are only interested in "selling up" C) They need to listen to their customer needs, not find an issue in the "playbook" and read out of the script.

Regular Visitor

Yeah, I am constantly bewildered that comcast seems to funnel you into calling customer support. You would think it would be less expensive for them to have a working website? I got an offer from comcast in the mail this month, and after three separate phone calls, no one was able to help me. Eventually they decided I wasn't eligble. This took an 1.5 hours to come to this conclusion. I mean, comcast sent the offer directly to ME in the mail and I apparently wasn't eligble. I work 80+ hours a week, so I literally don't have time for this garbage. I need to have a working website.

Anyways, the shop/upgrade tab is actually working for me now, but apparently most of the plans on there are not actually available in my area. so it's completely useless. Madness.

Official Employee

Hello @tedbear1057. We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue that we are working to address. In the meantime, I can offer you customer support with going over the offers that may available to your account. Please send me a private message and include our full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.