Community Forum

Cannot afford new increase

Regular Visitor

Cannot afford new increase

My two year contract expired and my new bill shows a $30+ increase.  I cannot afford another almost $400. a year.  I am retired and on a fixed income. I have been a loyal cable customer for 30+ years.  I went to one of the local Comcast stores to inquire what I need to do to change to a less costly package, or if necessary, cancel my cable service.  The young man helping me recommended I contact Comcast's retention department .  I did look at the costs for "new customers packages" which are much lower than longstanding customers are offered.  I would appreciate hearing from a retention department employee.  Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Cannot afford new increase

Hi nancy217. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. I have received your private message and I have responded. Let's take it from there. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot afford new increase

This was my first time using community forum and seeking help to find a package that might be affordable to me.  Comcast JoeTru answered my posting, was very courteous, professional & knowledgable in his responses to my many questions..... in his review of my current service and cost..... and attempting to find a new service that may fit my monthly budget.   Thank you for your help!