Community Forum

Cancelling your service has other options.

Frequent Visitor

Cancelling your service has other options.

I called to get my End of Billing Cycle first.  Then I researched the best way to go about cancelling my whole package with Cable

Take your equipment into Service Center or Store.

Take all equipment that the Cable Company

used to hook you up, including cords, plugs, boxes, remote (even the batteries in the remote) basically anything and everything they used, no matter how small, that the technician used to set up for all your services  Phone, Internet, Cable.

MAKE SURE THE SERIAL NUMBERS FOR THE ITEMS YOU RETURN ARE ON THE RECEIPT ALONG WITH THE DATE YOU ARE REQUESTING YOUR SERVICE TO BE DISCONNECTED, preferably do all this 2 weeks before the end of that months billing cycle the month before your contract ends.

Like someone else put on here, make sure you put that receipt somewhere safe and KEEP IT safe for as long as it takes to make sure you are not charged for anything months down the line.

Second:

I intend to send my cancellation request (as a backup record) in the mail with my full name, service address, account number and phone number along with the copy of the receipt for returned items to:

Cooperate Office (below)

(Name of Cable Company)

ATTN: Service Change Requests

1701 JFK Blvd.

Philadelphia, PA  19103

This is the only way it will work, without all the hassles.  I have heard too many nightmare stories and actually saw what happened to my daughter who had called to have her services disconnected in 2008, on June 1st.  In December she was still getting bills for service, when she started with a different company on June first.  Turned out, she ended up getting a nice refund over it all.

I actually loved my service

and it saddens me that I must cancel it all, because my contract will be up next month, and being on a limited income as a senior, living in Hud housing, there is no way I can handle even a small increase to keep the services, so I am dropping them all and going with Internet only with someone else and a cell phone and no home phone.  Seniors can get good plans for cell phone, unlimited, A whole lot cheaper than with a cable company.

Official Employee

Re: Cancelling your service has other options.

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.