Community Forum

Cancelling service due to a move out of state

New Poster

Cancelling service due to a move out of state

We had to cancel our Xfinity due to an out of state move. Xfinity is now charging us over $500 in terminstion fees. We have no choice but to cancel because Xfinity is not available as a service in our new city of residence. I was assured that customer care would wave the fees, but they have not. We have called 3 times in 3 months, and the issue is not resolved. They even sent us to a collection agency! I am VERY unhappy with the customer service we have received now that we are no longer a customer of theirs.

Can anyone comment on this issue? Have you had any luck having fees waived?

Expert

Re: Cancelling service due to a move out of state

@liz15 wrote:

We had to cancel our Xfinity due to an out of state move. Xfinity is now charging us over $500 in terminstion fees. We have no choice but to cancel because Xfinity is not available as a service in our new city of residence. I was assured that customer care would wave the fees, but they have not. We have called 3 times in 3 months, and the issue is not resolved. They even sent us to a collection agency! I am VERY unhappy with the customer service we have received now that we are no longer a customer of theirs.

Can anyone comment on this issue? Have you had any luck having fees waived?

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Valued Contributor

Re: Cancelling service due to a move out of state

Also to note, that in order for you ETFs to be that high, you would have to had home security. Besides the separate agreement you had to sign off on (which goes over the ETFs in detail) The Home Security itself is a beast of its own, which you had to have a special tech for, and had to sign off home security service details very clearly (which is a separate agreement, again). EDIT: I am not trying to be rude, but to understand 100%, you get a special discount for agreeing to keep Comcast service for a period of time, then you broke that agreement, not Comcast. Why do you believe these fees would not apply to you? EVERYBODY would just get this discount, and then say they are moving to a non serviceable address whenever they wanted to cancel..?