Community Forum

Cancelling Home Security

New Poster

Cancelling Home Security

It seems that there is a lot of miscommunication between Comcast employees. We have been unable to get a straight answer as to if we are able to cancel our Comcast home security if we keep our cable and internet contract. We have been with Comcast for years and had the home security for about 2 years now. When we first signed up for the home security we were told that we could cancel at any time, as long as we kept one of the Comcast services. When we moved the first time, we were told that there was a large fee for cancelling so we had the service transferred, even though we didn’t need it, along with making us sign a new contract. Our internet went in and out where we were so our home security only worked for about a week before it couldn’t connect anymore. We are now in a new location and transferred our cable and internet package, and of course, still had to keep the home security and sign another new contract to avoid the $500 cancellation fee that we were told about. Some employees seem to agree with “as long as you keep one service you are fine to cancel”, however, we have been unable to do so since the employees have hit us with the cancellation fee whenever we try to actually do it. We are very happy with our cable and internet. I’d probably even like the Home Security much more if I didn’t feel that we were bullied into keeping it and not able to look at other options and make the best choice for our family. Please help if there are any other options we can try!!
Regular Visitor

Re: Cancelling Home Security

I have this exact same question.  The fact that it hasn't been answered yet is troubling.  My 2-year contract is up in 4 months, and I would like to cancel.  I've just had a horrible experience with everything related to Comcast's security service.  It's obvious to me that Comcast has absolutely no clue how to operate a home security company, and have no business selling the service.  The Internet and Cable TV products are great, as is the customer service I've recieved for those respective products.  The home security staff just doesn't make the grade unfortunately.  I already have another security system installed, and have no desire to keep my Xfinity Home system, nor would I like to pay an ETF.  I have no intention of cancelling my Internet or TV service.

Anyone have any insight here?

Official Employee

Hello,

As long as you keep one service, there will be no ETF charge for the XFINITY Home Security. I hope this helps you both. Also, if you are looking to repackage, I can definitely look from here to see if there are any available promotions. 

New Poster

This is not accurate. I have xfinity internet. I went to a local store and they said it does not apply to home security. So even though I have inter with comcast I still got charged a cancellation fee.