Community Forum

Cancelling Cable but keeping internet

New Poster

Cancelling Cable but keeping internet

I am cancelling my cable but keeping internet.  How can I get this done without the phone call?  ;-)

Problem Solver

Re: Cancelling Cable but keeping internet

Hello Don_Loonam,

I can assist you with making changes to your account. Do you want to keep your home security system?

New Poster

Hi Tenika,

thanks!  Yes we want to keep the home security system.

Admin1

Hi Don_Looman -- I'll pricing information for you. I will send that in a private message. 

Regular Visitor

I'd like to do this as well.  I'd like to keep the 25mb internet plan i have and cancel cable.  Pls help!

Problem Solver

Hello lerrico,

I apologize for your billing concerns. 

I will be sending you a private message to further assist you. You can click on my name ComcastDawn and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. 

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Great thx so much, checking your message now.

Regular Visitor

I'd like to keep the 25mb internet plan i have as well as the phone and cancel cable.  Please help!

Problem Solver

Hello Bodietate, 

I can certainly look into this for you. Since we will be discussing private, account-specific information, I will be private messaging you to discuss further. You can view your private messages by clicking the envelope in the top right-hand side of your screen, with the red number next to it. 

Frequent Visitor

I am looking to do the same thing.  Can I get some help?

Problem Solver

Hello chickosjp,

I understand that you are interested in cancelling all services except for the XFINITY Internet. I have provided the different packages, speeds, and the monthly rates for your area below. Keep in mind, the rates do not include the $10.00 charge for the modem. Please let us know which package you are interested in and the effective date for the change to occur. All the boxes will need to be returned as soon as possible to avoid being charged “inactive equipment” fees. The equipment can be returned to your nearest UPS Store or the Comcast Service Center.

*Performance (25 Mbps/5 Mbps) @ $69.95

*Performance Pro (100 Mbps/5 Mbps) @ $79.95

*Blast! (200 Mbps/10 Mbps) @ $82.95

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for getting back to me.  I want to keep the phone as well.  HOw much would that be? 

Problem Solver

You are welcome. The XFINITY Phone Service is $44.95 a month.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I would like to do the same thing as lerrico but also keep my phone.  pls help.

Frequent Visitor

I have not heard back from anyone.  Can I please get some help?

Regular Visitor

Good morning! You were extremely helpful last year when I changed my service subsription to phone and internet only. However, It seems that after one year, my monthly payment has gone up about $25. I'm hoping there is something that can be done to reduce the payment back to the $75 per month as I am on a tight budget. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Official Employee

Hi Bodietate, 

I'd be more than happy to review the current offers in your area to see if we have something that would lower your rate again. Please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.