Community Forum

Cancelled account is still active

New Poster

Cancelled account is still active

I was informed by a previous tenant that our service would be cancelled as of midnight last Tuesday (1/29) because we had a billing arrangement in which he would keep his service connected after moving out, and the account was transferred to my ownership. However, the cost was too high so I had him cancel that account and I signed up for a new service, which is due to be installed tomorrow morning. However, nearly a week has gone by and our service has yet to be cancelled. I do not want tomorrow morning to roll around only to find out that my new service cannot be installed because our old service is still connected, leaving me to reschedule installation. I cannot do anything with my new service because all of my personal information is still associated with my old account (phone number, email) - I can't sign up for a username because it requires an account number, which I don't have because I can't manage to get into my account because when I try to log in, the system thinks that I'm trying to log into the account that should already be terminated. I talked to online support last week and they said that changes would be in effect 24 hours after the fact, but nearly a week has gone by with no changes made. 

Official Employee

Re: Cancelled account is still active

Hello kodorr95, I can look into this for you and assist you with getting the issue resolved. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!