Community Forum

Cancelled Internet Service Still Showing as Active in Online Account

New Poster

Cancelled Internet Service Still Showing as Active in Online Account

I cancelled my Comcast internet service last night. The representative told me the account was cancelled and that I would receive a credit and also let me know that he sent an email to my @comcast.net account confirming the cancellation. When I logged into my account today, I see that the account still shows as active and I did not receive the email which the representative said was sent. Upon researching online it appears that others have experienced this same issue. What needs to be done to truly cancel my account?

Problem Solver

Re: Cancelled Internet Service Still Showing as Active in Online Account

Hello CustomerAlex,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. After reviewing your account, the services are in a pending disconnect effective 1/19/17. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the response. When looking at my online account today 1/24/17, my account still shows as active and I received another billing statement with a late charge? I cancelled the account on 1/19/17, how long will it take for the online account to reflect this? What is the reason for the delay?

Problem Solver

Hello CustomerAlex,

I have reviewed your account and can confirm the account was setup for a disconnection on 01/19/2017. You are only responsible for charges up until that date. Please keep in mind, it could take up to 30 days before services will be fully disconnect due to it needs to be disconnected from the pole by a technician. Regarding the late charge, I have credited that fee back to the account. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thank you again for the quick response. As far as your statement "You are only responsible for charges up until that date.", how do I know the amount to pay being that the service period is from 01/04 - 02/03 and my service ended 01/19? Do I need to pay the prorated amount from 01/04 - 01/19 which would be $66.95/30days=$2.23/dayX15days=$33.45, or, Do I pay the Total Amount Due $66.95 and then get credited back the $33.50 for 01/20 - 02/03?

Problem Solver

You are welcome. I have sent you a private message informing you of the final bill balance that is owed for services rendered from 01/04 to 01/19.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

i have the same question. will i get charged after i cancel the account to the date you guys officially

CCSheoneka wrote:

You are welcome. I have sent you a private message informing you of the final bill balance that is owed for services rendered from 01/04 to 01/19.

disconnect the internet?

Official Employee

Closing old thread