Community Forum

Cancelled Automatic Payment BUT 3 MONTHS LATER COMCAST LOOK 230$ FROM ME

Highlighted
New Poster

Cancelled Automatic Payment BUT 3 MONTHS LATER COMCAST LOOK 230$ FROM ME

So, I cancelled automatic payments MONTHS AGO. MONTHS. Today I went to check my bank account and comcast took over 200$ from me, says signed automatic payment. This is NOT TRUE. I CANCELLED automatic payments through the app MONTHS AGO. They ripped me off with my data, even tho I had my data saver on it was supposed to turn off when it reached the max. My bill was supposed to be 45$ per month..all the sudden it was more then double. So I could not afford it. I'm going to file a fraud claim with my bank since i did NOT AUTHORIZE ANY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. If anyone also experienced and was able to resolve please let me know how. I tried to talk to customer support but all they wanted to do was set up automatic payments. AGAIN BC I CANCELED THIS.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cancelled Automatic Payment BUT 3 MONTHS LATER COMCAST LOOK 230$ FROM ME

@Mandee114 wrote:
So, I cancelled automatic payments MONTHS AGO. MONTHS. Today I went to check my bank account and comcast took over 200$ from me, says signed automatic payment. This is NOT TRUE. I CANCELLED automatic payments through the app MONTHS AGO. They ripped me off with my data, even tho I had my data saver on it was supposed to turn off when it reached the max. My bill was supposed to be 45$ per month..all the sudden it was more then double. So I could not afford it. I'm going to file a fraud claim with my bank since i did NOT AUTHORIZE ANY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. If anyone also experienced and was able to resolve please let me know how. I tried to talk to customer support but all they wanted to do was set up automatic payments. AGAIN BC I CANCELED THIS.

This tells me two things: 1) You don't look at your monthly billing statements and 2) You also don't look at your monthly banking statements.

Did you check online your account to make sure that autopay was off?

Contact the Billing department and ask for a refund.  They will only refund 3 months so it's imperative that you do tis as quickly as possible.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!