Community Forum

Cancellation request email

Highlighted
New Poster

Cancellation request email

Received a cancellation request email but I never requested or wanted to cancel my internet. Says it will shut off today!!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Cancellation request email

Hello @Juliebeaner8888 , thank you for bringing this to our attention here on the forums. I apologize to hear you've recieved a cancellation message without requesting a cancellation. I would love to get this fixed for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastRachel" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastRachel wrote:

Hello @Juliebeaner8888 , thank you for bringing this to our attention here on the forums. I apologize to hear you've recieved a cancellation message without requesting a cancellation. I would love to get this fixed for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastRachel" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

@ComcastRachel   Was this a valid email from Comcast?  It looked like a PHISHING attempt and I thought I (and others) had responded to it.  Where did our posts go?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Official Employee

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Juliebeaner8888 wrote: Received a cancellation request email but I never requested or wanted to cancel my internet. Says it will shut off today!!

If you can check that email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail ( https://connect.xfinity.com/ ) you should see the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email.

Highlighted
New Poster

I received an email stating my account was requested to be cancelled as well. I do not want it cancelled