Community Forum

Cancellation of service

New Poster

Cancellation of service

I had a balance on my account, the tech came and got the equipment and now I need to cancel my service so I can use my router on a different network. I am going to pay my balance but need my router off of this network.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cancellation of service

If you own your own router/modem you can use it with whatever ISP you wish. Comcast isn't involved with that process. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Cancellation of service

@williamk8652

The information provided by @Nerdburg is correct. If you still need assistance with the cancellation process, however, I can help with that. Just send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!