Community Forum

Cancellation email

Highlighted
New Poster

Cancellation email

I received an email stating that you’ve received my cancellation notice. I have not put in a cancellation request
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cancellation email

If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail, look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email). If the message is genuine you'll need to have a Comcast rep cancel the cancellation.

If @ComcastCSAEmail , @ComcastTeds or another employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

See https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Email-saying-quot-we-have-received-your-cancellation-... for a similar situation.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, mnelson217. 

I would love to help if you still needed it. I wanted to touch base with you to make sure. If you still need help, can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I received the email message on Saturday, July 11th saying it'll disconnect on Sunday. Can you help?

Thank you,

Expert

@yonglee69 wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I received the email message on Saturday, July 11th saying it'll disconnect on Sunday. Can you help?

Thank you,

You might want to call Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks. I tried the number and all they suggested was my account might have been hacked to cancel all my xfinity services and I should change the password to my account. Basically, I needed to start over with the services as a new customer. 

Highlighted
Expert

@yonglee69 wrote:

Thanks. I tried the number and all they suggested was my account might have been hacked to cancel all my xfinity services and I should change the password to my account. Basically, I needed to start over with the services as a new customer. 

You can't start over as a new customer - unless you want to wait for more than a month.

FWIW, I haven't seen anyone saying their account was cancelled as a result of one of these emails.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.