Community Forum

Cancellation Fee

BrandyS
New Poster

Cancellation Fee

I have been a customer for over 10 years and not once when I called did they put me back in a contract. I called for a cheaper monthly payment and now I am back in a 24 month contract, I didn't even know about and also my bill has been $30 more than quoted, I am so mad I'm cancelling and of course they want me to pay to get out. How about you honor the rate I was given?

ComcastKatieMS
Official Employee

Re: Cancellation Fee

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post your concerns for us. It definitely is not good to hear of the billing issues you are running into, and we'd hate for this to cause you to leave us! Any time you are in a promotion or agreement, the price is subject to change when it comes to equipment, taxes, and fees. So, if those prices changed since the new promotion was put in place, it would impact the monthly rate. However, your base rate would stay exactly the same for the 24-months you signed up for. We do send out a Customer Approval of the order to make sure you know exactly what changes are happening before they happen, so you should have received that before the change was made to be able to see any agreement that was included.

However, it seems like some details were missed, and that is not the experience we'd want you to have with us. It is important to us that you know exactly what is going on with your account, so I'd the chance to help turn this situation around for you! Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so we can get this taken care of together? To send us a private message, please click on my name <ComcastKatieMS>, then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!