Community Forum

Canceling services due to urgent circumstances

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Canceling services due to urgent circumstances

Hi, I had to leave the US on March 16 due to an emergency (my parents tested positive for Coronavirus). I am now back home, and I will not go back to the US any soon (my US student visa ends in May). I have $100 bill although I haven't used the internet for weeks now. How can I cancel my subscription? The modem is still in my US apartment and the landlord will not be able to return it any soon due to the current coronavirus lockdown. Thanks.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Canceling services due to urgent circumstances

You can try 1800comcast, but I hear they are swamped.

You kkcan also try the Customer Service or Billing forum.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/bd-p/AccMngt_Bill

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/bd-p/CustServ_CustServ

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Have you tried comcast.com and logging into your account?  there might be a feature there for service cancellation or a chat session that you could use to connect to an agent for help. 

Note:  I am not a comcast employee, just someone who saw your post and am offering a suggestion. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I will post it in the billing forum.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@landisa Thanks. Yes, I have tried that; there is no option to cancel, then it directs me to automated customer services. 

Highlighted
Expert

@AhmedTony wrote:

Hi, I had to leave the US on March 16 due to an emergency (my parents tested positive for Coronavirus). I am now back home, and I will not go back to the US any soon (my US student visa ends in May). I have $100 bill although I haven't used the internet for weeks now. How can I cancel my subscription? The modem is still in my US apartment and the landlord will not be able to return it any soon due to the current coronavirus lockdown. Thanks.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello AhmedTony. We're very sorry to learn about the impact of COVID19 on your family. I can assist with reviewing your account and the disconnection process. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!