Community Forum

Canceling and opening new account under different name after primary account holder death

Regular Visitor

Canceling and opening new account under different name after primary account holder death

I know people have probably asked about this a million times, but I wanted to see if there was any situation specific advice. My dad passed away a few years ago. My mom has been continuing to pay for the Xfinity service that's under his name. She is currently paying around $220 and really needs to bring the cost down. She wants to ditch voice and switch to a much cheaper double play package with the smallest TV plan. Ideally, she'd like to get a whole new account so she can get the 12 month promotional rate. Is there anyway to go about this without too much hassle?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Canceling and opening new account under different name after primary account holder death

@AM871 wrote:
I know people have probably asked about this a million times, but I wanted to see if there was any situation specific advice. My dad passed away a few years ago. My mom has been continuing to pay for the Xfinity service that's under his name. She is currently paying around $220 and really needs to bring the cost down. She wants to ditch voice and switch to a much cheaper double play package with the smallest TV plan. Ideally, she'd like to get a whole new account so she can get the 12 month promotional rate. Is there anyway to go about this without too much hassle?

Your mom will need to take his death certificate down to her local Comcast store.  Once they see that they should be able to either allow her to make changes to the account or cancel the account all together.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Canceling and opening new account under different name

AM871, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, and I'd love to help. Are you able to send me a PM with your first and last name as well as the name of the account holder? Let's see how we can fix the account for your mom. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!