Community Forum

Canceled service, returned equipment, still being charged?

New Poster

Canceled service, returned equipment, still being charged?

Hello,

I canceled my service with Comcast and returned my equipment at a Comcast location, where I obtained a receipt with the serial number and Comcast location on it. I later received an email requesting that I return my equipment. I confirmed the return online on returnequipment.com as instructed. That site now also reflects that my equipment return has been received. However, yesterday, I received a bill that shows I am still being charged $100 for "unreturned equipment".

Comcast was not able to provide me with service, and I have fully completed my obligation to return Comcast's equipment (and have proof of same), so I do not understand why I am still being charged. What do I need to do to get this charge removed from my bill so I can receive the full refund I am due? 

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: Canceled service, returned equipment, still being charged?

Updating my own inquiry, I spoke with George in Customer Service via phone this afternoon, and he let me know that my account has been updated and the refund has been applied to my account. He said I should expect a check within the next several weeks for the full amount due.

This issue appears to be resolved at this time; I'll update again if the check amount is not accurate.