Community Forum

Cancel TV Service

Highlighted
New Poster

Cancel TV Service

Ok this is frustrating. I spent so much time on the phone trying to cancel my TV service but keep and upgrade the internet service. It took forever but I finally got it straightened out. i was told I needed a new modem. I ordered Xfinity Extreme - I have the price quote I was given $107/month. Now the new service is in and I have extreme and the modem but there are still TV stations linked ant the pricetag on my new service plan is $131/month. NO NO NO. I DO NOT WANT THE TV SERVICE AT ALL. That is not what the quote you sent me was. I want all TV service GONE. Why is this so hard with Comcast. You folks really make our lives difficult.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cancel TV Service

@kitkat517 wrote:

Ok this is frustrating. I spent so much time on the phone trying to cancel my TV service but keep and upgrade the internet service. It took forever but I finally got it straightened out. i was told I needed a new modem. I ordered Xfinity Extreme - I have the price quote I was given $107/month. Now the new service is in and I have extreme and the modem but there are still TV stations linked ant the pricetag on my new service plan is $131/month. NO NO NO. I DO NOT WANT THE TV SERVICE AT ALL. That is not what the quote you sent me was. I want all TV service GONE. Why is this so hard with Comcast. You folks really make our lives difficult.

Did you change your service in the middle of your billing period?  If so, you're probably seeing pro-rated charges.  Give it another month or two to see if the bill "lowers" out and is closer to what you were quoted.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Omgah, this is what I want to do but I find no where on the site to make that happen. I'm starting to wonder if its even possible to have JUST the internet. So it sounds like I'd have to call and actually talk to a rep about this? Was hoping to do this over chat. 😞

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Manage plan?  Change plan?  No offers or plans available..... ???

We didn't find anything quite like that in
your neighborhood.....   

cancel TV?  apparaently not online.