Community Forum

Cancel Cable?

Highlighted
New Poster

Cancel Cable?

Two Questions.

1.) How do I speak to a LIVE agent?

2.) How do I cancel the cable but keep the Internet?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Cancel Cable?

Call 1-800-XFINITY and ask for customer retention. Be ready for sticker shock. Internet quote will be about 60% of current bundle price. RIP OFF

Highlighted
New Poster

I actually just posted about the same thing.  I would take 60% because my quote of internet only would be 10% MORE than what I currently pay.  Curious what magic rep you had! lol

Highlighted
New Poster

I had a bundle triple play. Had a dvr box and  a 2nd box both HD. I was paying something like $175 a month. I wanted to go to just internet they told me for 200mbps  it was going to be $96 per month. I own my own modem/router also. I talked to a customer service rep named Eva (her ID was P3F). 

I ended up cancelling my service and have Verizon coming out on Friday to install their 200mbps internet at $39.99 a month and they waived the installation fee.  I know RCN and ATT have simlar deals. Seems silly for Comcast to lose customers over this espceially in these times but whatever. 

Highlighted
New Poster

OK, I may have to do the same and cancel because Verison is in my area as well.  I don't want to get hit with a fee for canceling if I'm on a contract of some sort