Community Forum

Can't verify my mobile number

New Poster

Can't verify my mobile number

Just established a new account, but can't verify my mobile phone number because the system states that my number is already associated with another account.  Previously, I had Xfinity but switched and now I have returned. 

Official Employee

Re: Can't verify my mobile number

duffer123451, sounds like the phone number is still associated with your previous, closed account. Let's remove it. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

New Poster

David Terrell

<Edited>

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Started new service tonight, but have never been a Comcast user before. Says my mobile number is associated with another xfinity account. So it has to be from another customer at some point. I've had the number for 4 years . . . . so it must really be an old account. It's absolutely ridiculous that they can't verify that I own the number with the carrier or something. They use it as the account number, and I received all the setup info with it. Not being able to use the number for the notifications and 2-factor authentication just doesn't make sense. Poor design . . . .
Official Employee

Hi duffer123451,  thank you for that information.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name and I can research this further for you.

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi JeromeC, I can look into this for you.  Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, and phone number)

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi JeromeC, thank you for working with me through private message and glad I could assist in getting this resolved for you.  Please reach back out if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for your assistance with this . . . 

I provided the same info to the 2nd level support group (the case number I provided to you), and I have yet to receive any response since that ticket was opened on 7/7.

You may need to do a little training over there  Smiley Happy

Official Employee

I appreciate your reply, and I will make sure to notate the ticket that I was able to get this resolved for you.

Thank you