Community Forum

Can’t log into HBO GO or Showtime Anywhere using Xfinity Log in

New Poster

Can’t log into HBO GO or Showtime Anywhere using Xfinity Log in

I’ve been using the HBO Go and Showtime Anywhere apps (on my computer, Apple TV and IPhone) for years, logging in using my xfinity credentials. I recently made a small change to my comcast account to save some money (still with the premium channel package). Now when I go to the hbo and showtime apps / sites and try to log in I am taken to the xfinity page asking me if I want to add premium channels. I called Comcast and they were no help. This is frustrating. Any help?
New Poster

Re: Can’t log into HBO GO or Showtime Anywhere using Xfinity Log in

I've had the same problem recently and spent 2 hours over 2 sessions with support trying to get it fixed in vain. In the process the last service rep deactivated my HBO entirely so I couldn't watch even using the Comcast box. I finally stopped into my local Comcast office and an agent there said he'd been hearing from a number of people that there is some problem between Comcast and HBO systems completing HBO Go activations and that Comcast and HBO were working on the problem. Why this info wasn't available to the reps I'd worked with to save me all that time I don't know. Very poor internal communication and customer experience. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Can’t log into HBO GO or Showtime Anywhere using Xfinity Log in

I'm in this same situation as of yesterday. Can't log into HBO Go or Showtime Anytime. Nothing changed with my account.