Community Forum

Can't get self install to work and customer service calls are useless

Regular Visitor

Can't get self install to work and customer service calls are useless

I got sent a new cable box, hooked it up and was told to call a number to have it added to my account.  I am now on my second 30 minute phone call where the agent appears incapable of getting it added.  Last night I was told that it was not in inventory and that it would get dealt with this morning.  This morning I am dealing with another agent that has no idea what happened last night and the process has started all over.  This is with a box that you sent me after placing an order for a self install kit on the Comcast web site.

How do I get this resolved?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't get self install to work and customer service calls are useless

@jamesfeyrer wrote:

I got sent a new cable box, hooked it up and was told to call a number to have it added to my account.  I am now on my second 30 minute phone call where the agent appears incapable of getting it added.  Last night I was told that it was not in inventory and that it would get dealt with this morning.  This morning I am dealing with another agent that has no idea what happened last night and the process has started all over.  This is with a box that you sent me after placing an order for a self install kit on the Comcast web site.

How do I get this resolved?

One way is to go to your nearest Xfinity Store, if that is possible.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I just got off the line with a supervisor who told me that this is my only option.  Why even bother offering self install.

Regular Visitor

Am i just waiting for a port to finish

I just moved from internet only to triple play.  After installing a new internet/phone gateway (netgear/owned by me) the phone seemed to work immediately with a dialtone and the ability to dial out.  It also got incoming calls from the number that I had asked Comcast to port from Ooma.  So far so good.  When I look at the Comcast web site it still says "Pending Activation" and nothing works on the phone management web site.  It says voicemail is not enabled for this number, call 1-800-xfinifty.

I've spent several hours sitting on calls the last few days getting first internet, and then tv to work.  Am I going to have to do the same, or is this just a delay as the port of the number is finalized?

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

jamesfeyrer, thank you for reaching out here on the forums! I merged your other post with this thread since I can help with all the service issues you're running into. I understand the importance of getting everything up and running! Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so we can review this further together? Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

The service center is close enough to my house that it was quicker to run over there than to sit on the phone more.  Appparently the brand new box in my self install kit was not in inventory  and there was no way to fix this so they just handed me a new box.  Took 5 minutes.  Everything is working now.  Still having phone trouble, but that is for another thread.

JF

Official Employee

jamesfeyrer, thanks for letting me know! Please feel free to still send over a PM regarding the phone issues. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Admin1

jamesfeyrer - Thank you for working with us via PM. I am happy to hear that our support team was able to assist. Please let us know if anything else comes up and we'll get you taken care of.