Community Forum

Can't get new service because old bill/unreturned equipment. Help!!

New Poster

Can't get new service because old bill/unreturned equipment. Help!!

Trying to get new service,  actually ordered it, but comcast cancelled order due to past due bill of nearly $400 due to, what I was told by high risk comcast rep, unreturned equipment. Found the old equipment in family storage, returned it, xfinity sent email confirming return, yet past balance hasn't been updated. Multiple reps multiple chats and multiple phone calls to multiple phone numbers and departments have gotten me nowhere. What do I need to do to get this straightened out?

Expert

Re: Can't get new service because old bill/unreturned equipment. Help!!

@bdawgsean wrote:

Trying to get new service,  actually ordered it, but comcast cancelled order due to past due bill of nearly $400 due to, what I was told by high risk comcast rep, unreturned equipment. Found the old equipment in family storage, returned it, xfinity sent email confirming return, yet past balance hasn't been updated. Multiple reps multiple chats and multiple phone calls to multiple phone numbers and departments have gotten me nowhere. What do I need to do to get this straightened out?

When you returned the equipment did you get a receipt for it?  That receipt is your record of return and it should show the name of the equipment as well as it's SN.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes also recieved email from xfinity with list of equipment and serial #'s they recieved back.

New Poster

I guess there is no help out there then. Not ranting about you, but when one calls, chats, and uses the forums it seems someone on Comcasts end could get this figured out.