Community Forum

Can't get a straight answer about my install

Frequent Visitor

Can't get a straight answer about my install

on 9/6 I had a tech come out and he measured and sai I was 356 ft from the plant and they would need to extend closer to my house for me to get service.  He opened a ticket and said it would be 10-11 days.  I checked on it with comcastcares  twitter every couple days and they kept saying no updates.  On  9/19, i asked again and CustSvc said there was no ticket and they redid everything, but I believe they were looking at the wrong account because I was going to have service at 2 addressess simultaneously.   on 9/20 i decided to go to a storefront and deal with it face to face.  They found the original ticket and said there were no updates, and then they cleaned the other stuff up.  They said check it in 24 hours.  today, i gave comcastcares the ticket number and they said...it was opnened on 9/18? and I need to wait 10 days before inquiring about the status.   I questioned that and then they said oh...check back in 24 hours.  I keep being told to just wait, but never get a real update.  Is there anyway to escalate this, because I work out of my home and I can't move completely until I have internet access.  Also,  my security alarm depends on it, so I can't set that up completely either.   I am just looking for someone to help because the other support methods don't seem to be getting me any closer.  comcastcares twitter support doesn't seem to be able to help.    

update:  It seems that once the area was surveyed they close that ticket and open another one.....that's why noone could tell what was going on.  They now say if will be 14 days for that portion to be completed.   I really wish there was a way to get a better estimate, because this delays my move in.

update 2:  12 days after the new ticket and I still can't even get an update on a date.    Why make it so hard for me to hand you my money?

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't get a straight answer about my install

I am having the same issue. Exactly everything you described kinda. Comcast keep giving me the run around also. So I as well posted here to see if I can get help. But still no response.
Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We want to thank you for your intrest in our services, we would love to become your service provider. We're sorry to hear about the troubles and issues you have experienced thus far with trying to do so. We would be more than happy to further look into and assist you with this. Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Private messaged.

New update... today I was told that I don't even have a proper ticket open and I would need to open one.   This will make the 3rd time a ticket has been opened to complete the SAME task.   This time they said it was closed because the distance was over 300ft.  It was OPENED because the distance was over 300ft..... so this makes no sense.   It will have been a month this week since the tech opened the first ticket.   I get no updates and then after 2 weeks they just close them and tell me I don't have the ticket open to do what I need done.