Community Forum

Can't downgrade my service without cancelling Xfinity entirely??

New Poster

Can't downgrade my service without cancelling Xfinity entirely??

Trying to downgrade my current bundle (TV + internet for $115) to internet only. Just don't use the cable enough to justify the cost. There's no way to adjust the package to a lower service online, and when I called customer Xfinity they said you can either: keep your service, upgrade your service, or cancel Xfinity altogether...

Is this really my only option?? I actually like my Xfinity service/conneciton, and would love to keep them for internet only. Unfortunately I may have to cancel and start all over again with another provider to get the lowered service. Is this true?

Expert

Re: Can't downgrade my service without cancelling Xfinity entirely??

@dylanmagel wrote:

Trying to downgrade my current bundle (TV + internet for $115) to internet only. Just don't use the cable enough to justify the cost. There's no way to adjust the package to a lower service online, and when I called customer Xfinity they said you can either: keep your service,

This is correct

upgrade your service,

This is correct

or cancel Xfinity altogether...

This is incorrect!

Is this really my only option?? I actually like my Xfinity service/connection, and would love to keep them for internet only. Unfortunately I may have to cancel and start all over again with another provider to get the lowered service. Is this true?

You are able to downgrade your service to internet only, but you most likely will be paying the everyday price for it since it is not bundled.  Also, you will not have to pay an early termination fee for downgrading as long as you keep one service, which is what you're wanting to do.

I will escalate this to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

Please do not send an unrequested PM to an Official Employee because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi dylanmagel, I can assist going over current promotions with you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Dylanmagel, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach out if you still need assistance.

Thank you