Community Forum

Can't afford Comcast anymore. Downgrade, but keep internet

Regular Visitor

Can't afford Comcast anymore. Downgrade, but keep internet

My roommate unexpectedly moved out; I can no longer afford my bundle package on my own.

I want to:

1) Begin process to return my comcast modem rental; I have purchased my own. Please provide list of all rental items that you have associated with my account.

2) remove all preminum channels (HBO, etc)

3) remove DVR service

4) reduce to basic cable package with 100mbps internet.

Please send downgrade offer to my online account.

Expert

Re: Can't afford Comcast anymore. Downgrade, but keep internet

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Hi kpupa -- I can help with getting your service downgraded and getting you a list of registered modems. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Zach, 

I have messaged you privately. 

I will mark this thread as solved up resolution of the requested changes. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't Afford Service

Zach was able to help me downgrade to a much more affordable plan. Much better experience than calling into customer service. Resolved within 24 hours. Thank you for the help.