Community Forum

Can't add my email address

New Poster

Can't add my email address

CASE # NA249757058 

When I try to add my email address I'm getting an error "Received a fault from Identity Credential Service".  It's important this email is added to complete my account setup i'm signed up for paperless billing, etc  and I want to recieve comcast emails at this address. I called and they gave me a case # but have my doubts they can help.  View the screens - it says my account is only 75% setup - last step to complete is Email.  Please help me figure out why I can't add my email address.  Thanks

Its only happening for this one specfic email address, if I try another email it works perfectly.

I can give you my email address to help troubleshoot but didn't wanna give up to much personal information. Please private message me or call me for the email address or look it up through the case #.  Thanks

emailerror.jpg
emailerror2.jpg
New Poster

Re: Can't add my email address

Edited main post

Bronze Problem Solver

The system is designed NOT to accept a Comcast email address.  If you're trying to add one in the Comcast domain, it'll never work.  You need to add a gmail or some other email address.

Also, there's no requirement to set up all that stuff, unless you actually want them.  I'm working just fine with none of those complete.

New Poster

::::::::::SOLVED:::::::::::::

A tech called me today and was able to resolve the problem. Apparently I had 2 accounts and the email address I was trying to use was on my old account. They deleted the emails from the old account and it allowed me to use the Gmail account I was trying to add.