Community Forum

Can't add iPad offer to account

New Poster

Can't add iPad offer to account

I received an email offer for an ipad($5/month for 24mo) and when I get to the final page where it says "Adding iPad to plan" then it just errors out and says "We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order." So I called the number yesterday and was transferred around until I got to some unknown dept. where the rep refused to help me and basically said if there is an error you're out of luck. I asked to speak to a supervisor at which point she told me I couldn't. So who do I need to talk to get this resolved? 

Quick edit: Called Xfinity mobile(apparently the dept. running the offer) was told I was eligible but even though I received an email doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to be able to order one at that price as it is an RNG system. 

Looks like my 15 years of comcast service may be coming to an end soon. This is pathetic.

New Poster

Re: Can't add iPad offer to account

So am I just going to be ignored here also? 

Expert

Hi @ChrisS3,

I'm having the exact issue. Got an email but get the same error as you when I try to place the order. A corporate employee escalated it for me, but it's been a couple of weeks and still nothing. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Huh that isn't what I wanted to hear. I appreciate the reply though. 

Official Employee

Hi ChrisS3, the IPad can only be purchased online with a qualifying triple play package. If you are getting errors please try another browser or another device. If you continue to have issue please reach back out to me here and I can assist you further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had a different problem and found out my account is on a bulk contract so I couldn't get the ipad.  But... today, I got a bill that says they are charging me $5 a month for the ipad. I am afraid to make a phone call - they might add more to it!

Official Employee

Hi @ctilden, 

I've replied to your private message regarding this matter. Please reply at your convenience so we can help get this taken care of for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.