Community Forum

Can't Transfer Account

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't Transfer Account

I recently moved out of my apartment and tried to transfer our xfinity account to my roommate's name. However, it seems like the first time the ticket didn't go through. Now we are trying to open the ticket again, but I just called a customer service representative, who hung up on me partway through and was unable to get me in contact with the team that handles account transfers. I've spent over 3 hours on the phone trying to sort this out, as well as lengthy trip to the xfinity store. At this point, I'm just fed up.

I've honestly had such a horrible experience with this whole process, is it possible for someone to provide the contact information for the account transfer team? I don't understand how the customer service can be so unhelpful and so horrible, and I hope someone can please provide some guidance. 

Thanks very much.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can't Transfer Account

@_moving_away wrote:

I recently moved out of my apartment and tried to transfer our xfinity account to my roommate's name. However, it seems like the first time the ticket didn't go through. Now we are trying to open the ticket again, but I just called a customer service representative, who hung up on me partway through and was unable to get me in contact with the team that handles account transfers. I've spent over 3 hours on the phone trying to sort this out, as well as lengthy trip to the xfinity store. At this point, I'm just fed up.

I've honestly had such a horrible experience with this whole process, is it possible for someone to provide the contact information for the account transfer team? I don't understand how the customer service can be so unhelpful and so horrible, and I hope someone can please provide some guidance. 

Thanks very much.

Both of you needed to go to the store in order to transfer the account.  That would have been easiest.  However, the information provided in this Knowledge Base article may help.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes we already went to the store to file the paperwork last month. However, the application was denied and the ticket was closed without our knowledge.

Unfortunately I moved out of the country and am unable to go back to the store to visit again.

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes we already went to the store to file the paperwork last month. However, the application was denied and the ticket was closed without our knowledge.

Unfortunately I moved out of the country and am unable to go back to the store to visit again. It seems now that we are unable to look up the files submitted previously when we went to the store; and I am no longer able to upload the documents since I am abroad and don't have access to the files anymore.

Furthermore, last month I was continued to be charged for internet even though I am no longer using the plan. I would love to cancel but don't want to have to be charged the early termination fee. The reason why we originally went with this plan was we were told that the transfer should be an easy enough process. However, seems like it's more frustration and tears than it's worth....