At this point I'm just trying to go through all the channels I can after hours over weeks with both phone and chat support.
I had what I thought was a simple issue, I moved accross town, needed to transfer my service to a new address. I set it up back in mid February, just to make sure everything went smooth (hahahahhahahaha). The move date was March 3rd. The first thing that happened is, even after confirming everything on the phone, the first agent I talked to shut off my account at my old address and tried to send a tech to my new address the very next day, weeks before I was moving.
A separate hour plus long conversation with another agent got that reversed, though I did lose 1/2 of the speed I had before, as the previous agent had cancelled my account, and they no longer had the promotion i had for 300mb, so they gave me 150mb at relativiely the same price. I was moving soon, so whatever. It is important to note I set up a tech install at my new address, because I tried before to do a self install and they never work.
The day arrives... no tech shows up. I contact chat this time, as I am also trying to move in, and the rep I talk to then says "somebody" created 2 orders for me, one with a tech and one without, and "somebody else" canceled the one with a tech. He then walked me through a self isntall and tried to activate my modem... which did not work. Of course. He then BLAMED ME for the tech no showing, saying *I* should have called back and confirmed after my intial schedule. I actually then ended that chat out of anger. The next day I tried again with an agent who said they could get me tech on Wendesday. Fed up, I tried to cancel my account and was told I couldn't until Monday because that department is closed.
On monday (day 3) I call to cancel and am told that I would owe over $450 in cancellation fees because I would be hit both with my new contract, and the old one from where I moved cancelations fee. I am in no positon to be able to pay that, so I again try to get a tech... and am told it can't be until Saturday. Also, that agent discovered the issue is the uverse service at the address, that a tech has to come do an "outside tap" and connect the house, and the window would be 8 am to 8 pm.
Fastforward to Saturday (day 8). No one shows up. Contact agent twice that day, second time after 8 pm. 2nd agent said "someone" rescheduled the appointment to Monday from 8 am to 8 pm.
Fast forward to monday (day 10) 8 to 8.... no one shows up. I call agent around 7 pm, they take my number and say if no one comes by 8, they will call me between 10 and 11 am the next day and put a $20 credit on my account. No one comes by 8.
Tuesday 10-11 am (day 11). This agent does not call me back. About an hour ago I contact chat. They have no new info to give me other than they would "contact dispatch" and again gave the 8 to 8 window. I mention the $20 credit offered and they don't address it.
So here I am, with no belief anyone will come, 11 days without service, and received no help from anyone (other than bill credits for the days I havent had service), lot's of unkept promises, not being able to afford to cancel, and countless wasted hours and Im already a busy person who also has been moving. I am at a total loss of how abysmall this has been.