Community Forum

Can someone please help me!

New Poster

Can someone please help me!

I have attempted an order of the Samsung galaxy s9 plus 3 times now all of which have failed. The first attempt made on March the 5th was canceled for what was called "lack of verification" yet the phone ordered with it delivered just fine. I was then never told that the purchase was canceled until I call multiple times over the length of roughly 7 days. When I first called the reason given for why the phone hasn't shipped was, "the color I ordered was a big seller and would just take longer."  Not knowing better I took what your employee said as the truth.

I then ordered the phone AGAIN while on the phone with an xfinity employee on March the 14th, who informed me that the "color reason" I have been given was a lie. Low and behold the phone never arrived and was again given the reason of lack of sufficient verification; however my husband verified his purchase under the same name only a week prior. This order was then cancelled by me in store on the 16th of March. I was hoping to order the phone in store and was informed by an employee that he was unable to do so because it stated it "must be completed online due to security reason". He then attempted my third order at the Samsung galaxy s9 plus on the 16th as well. This in store employee informed that I could return Monday the 19th if I hadn't received anything and he would speak to his manager to maybe attempt to override the online purchase requirement. I also informed him that the main account is in my grandmother's name and English is not her first language. He told me that would be fine and just have her sitting with me while I verified the purchase over the phone and not to verify through the online route. He gave me his personal business card and asked me to text him and I did. No response. Taking matters into my own hands I asked my husband to go speak to an in store employee who again was no help at all, she informed him that he should call xfinity and speak with the customer service representatives in an attempt to solve the issue at hand. He did this and immediately asked to speak with a manager, the employee on the phone informed my husband that a manager would call him back, they never did and my husband called again and was connected with the answering employees supervisor.

My husband then explained the lengthy process I have been through attempting to purchase the phone. It was only then 14 days from my first purchase attempt that he was given the answer of once an order is cancelled it is then locked in the system for 60 days and only an online purchase can be made. Extemely upset at the news of this my husband questioned why no one gave us an answer to this in all the days prior we had spoken to numerous xfinity employees, of course this manager did not have an answer. This manager informed my husband he would then let a tier 2 manager know of the situation and the lengthy process this has been, in the hopes this tier 2 manager could override your system so the phone may be purchased in store. This manager informed my husband that they would have the ticket number for this call that happened on 19th and would take roughly 1-3 days to hear from a tier 2 manager.

I am now sitting on day 2 of waiting for that call and it is Wednesday the 21st of March, I do understand that these things take time. Now my hopes in all of this are quite a few things; for starters I feel all employees need to be aware of this apparent 60 day lock out period so that when prompted by a customer a correct answer can be given and everyone is aware of policy. Second the verification questions asked seemed quite unrelated to the purchase entirely, and an email can be sent stating that verification was not accept or insufficient. Third, this 60 day lock period seems just a tad excessive in my humble opinion. Again I am no stranger to keeping customer security at the most important aspect of a company yet still 60 days is excessive. And finally, I would really just like a way to purchase this phone that is not online, you can understand my hesitation seeing as how its not worked thus far. Assuming this 60 day lock out is correct policy I would not be able to purchase the phone until June of this year.
Expert

Re: Can someone please help me!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.