Community Forum

Can someone explain this notification of copyright infringement and how to make my internet safer

New Poster

Can someone explain this notification of copyright infringement and how to make my internet safer

Ok so I'm not computer smart but up until today I thought I was getting by just fine. This morning I got an email about copyright infringement. Wtw! It said it occurred at 08:01:28 UTC. I don't even know what time that is without checking the internet! 03:01 in the morning EST nobody in my house is up at that time. My mom is disabled, my brother is autistic borderline mentally retarded, my husband doesn't get up until 5 because he has to be at work at 6:30 and I'm a pregnant mom of a toddler trying to get as much sleep as I can before she wakes up at her usual 7:15 I want to watch tv and eat. I know how to do somethings. Like this past week I've had to remove viruses and malware off my laptop because my virus protection expired. Yet still how could this have happened? Like are there people that get together and use your internet connection? What do I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? I've got enough to worry over and I can't take added stress this pregnancy.
Official Employee

Re: Can someone explain this notification of copyright infringement and how to make my internet s...

Hello shanilashes. Our Customer Security Assurance department is the team that you will want to contact to have the copyright infringement incident reviewed and to investigate any possible security flaws in your system. 

Here is the contact information for our CSA team: 844.355.8719

Here is additional information on how to secure your internet connection: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/securing-wireless-gateway-network

Expert

Re: Can someone explain this notification of copyright infringement and how to make my internet safe

Change your WI-FI password. Make sure you have no viruses or malware on your computer. 

If you receive a DMCA notification of alleged infringement and you believe in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then you may send a counter notification to Comcast. Upon Comcast's receipt of a counter notification that satisfies the requirements of the DMCA, Comcast will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures with respect to a received counter notification. All counter notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act.

DMCA Notifications
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
141 Woodcrest Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 U.S.A.
Phone: 877.842.2112
Fax: 856.324.2940
Email: dmca@comcast.net

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.