Community Forum

Can appointments get scheduled without customer knowledge/consent?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can appointments get scheduled without customer knowledge/consent?

I recently ordered my TV equipment upgrade as requested by Xfinity. As soon as I ordered the 'self install kit' I got on chat to request a technician do the installation since I've had issues with that before. After being disconnected and reconnected with 3 different agents, I finally got an appointment scheduled for Monday (April 8) from 1pm-3pm. Got a confirmation text that day but nothing else at all.

Monday no tech showed up. So I got back on chat and with no real reason given for why he didn't show, they confirmed I had an appointment and offered to reschedule and gave me the $20 credit. They told me the next available time was April 11 either from 3-5pm or 5-7pm, I chose the latter.

Got an email yesterday (April 9) saying my appointment was scheduled for April 12 from 1pm-3pm. That is not what I scheduled, nor was that appointment even offered to choose from! Not only is it a day later- I now have a non working box, adding to my frustration.
I already pay $300 a month, now my bill is going to be even larger because of required upgrade and I have to pay for a tech that may or may not even show up ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

Official Employee

Re: Mandatory equipment upgrade

Hello, I would like to apologize for your experiences and I would like to look into this further for you.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Can appointments get scheduled without customer knowledge/consent?

Hello,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!