Community Forum

Can XFINITY accommodate contactless installation?

Highlighted
New Poster

Can XFINITY accommodate contactless installation?

I would like to establish new TV and internet service but do not want to interact with a technician due to the pandemic. I could speak to the technician while talking on the phone and looking at each other through the front window. When I asked a representative about this on CHAT they said it was not possible to have a self-install this way. I can't figure out why this type of contactless installation cannot be accommodated.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can XFINITY accommodate contactless installation?

@Mhorn977 wrote:

I would like to establish new TV and internet service but do not want to interact with a technician due to the pandemic. I could speak to the technician while talking on the phone and looking at each other through the front window. When I asked a representative about this on CHAT they said it was not possible to have a self-install this way. I can't figure out why this type of contactless installation cannot be accommodated.

If you're doing self-install no technician is needed.  You are mailed everything you need to install yourself.  However, if you run into problems with installation you might need a technician, and they might need to come into your home in order to effect the install.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, that's how I thought it should work. The Xfinity person I was (online) chatting with said the equipment would be brought to my house by a technician and I would have to meet face to face with them. This was regarding a self install. I will try chatting with them again so see if they can mail the equipment out.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I think because warehouses are closed, is why the tech has to drop it off.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!