Community Forum

Can We Watch Channels That Speak English?

Frequent Visitor

Can We Watch Channels That Speak English?

My  gripe is simple.Why are so many channels using spanish instead of english? My language on my TV is set for english yet we're missing so many movies because of the language barrier. What is up with this?You can't change the language on the movies from spanish to english.Am i the only one having this problem?The channels are fox family,TNT,just a few to mention and it is like this on in demand also . What gives?          

Expert

Re: Can We Watch Channels That Speak English?

Sounds like Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) is enabled on your cable box. 

If you have a legacy box with a silver remote: Press the Menu button twice. then choose Setup, then Audio Setup. You can adjust the settings.

If you have an X1 box:

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK on your remote.
    Main menu with Settings at right.

3. Highlight Language and press OK on your remote.
    Settings menu with "Language" selected.

4. Use the down arrow on your remote to highlight Secondary Audio Programming (SAP). Press OK to turn SAP on or off.
    Settings menu, Language screen with "Secondary Audio Programming (SAP)" selected.

5. Use the down arrow on your remote to choose your SAP language, highlight the SAP Language and press OK.
    Settings menu, Language screen with "SAP Language" selected.

6. Select your language from the list and press OK on your remote.
    Settings menu, Language screen - SAP Language screen with "Spanish" selected.

7. Press Exit on your remote to finish.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Same  Problem on AMC Chanel 58. The "movie" Chanel.  Wanted to watch "Titantic"  WAS NOT FUN IN SPANISH.  What's the deal. I paid my bill

Admin1

Hi Cameo7777 -- As nerdburg had suggested, you may have the SAP function enabled. Please check your settings to see if this feature is enabled on your box. Please let us know what you find.