Community Forum

Can I set up parental controls for the tv via my xifiity

New Poster

Can I set up parental controls for the tv via my xifiity

My elderly mother accidentally orders channels she doesn't watch ($109 for Hockey) and I'd like to set up a parental control block on the TV.  It's very inconvenient to go through customer service to try to have them remove it so I'd like to avoid that accidental add on. I am in a different state right now but I am an authorized user on her account.  Any idea if/how I can do this?

Expert

Re: Can I set up parental controls for the tv via my xifiity

debm1 wrote:

My elderly mother accidentally orders channels she doesn't watch ($109 for Hockey) and I'd like to set up a parental control block on the TV.  It's very inconvenient to go through customer service to try to have them remove it so I'd like to avoid that accidental add on. I am in a different state right now but I am an authorized user on her account.  Any idea if/how I can do this?

hi, do you subscribe to the older Xfinity or newer X1 service?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

It doesn’t matter which service your mom has. If you’re listed on your mom’s account, you can have the spending limit changed to $0 ( or some other amount) since you aren’t there in person. Next time you visit mom, you can set up appropriate parental controls in person. I’ve escalated it up to a colleague to help you out if you don’t want to call back in.
Expert

the question was to allow the movement of the post to the correct place and out of the customers with disabilities forum area. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

debm1, I can help change your mom's spending limit and parent controls. Please send me a private message with your full name, the address and the account number in question.