Community Forum

Can I pick up DVR no installer needed

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can I pick up DVR no installer needed

I had cable and internet, disconnect my cable (X1 DVR) still have internet . Im thinking about getting cable back. I just disconnected my DVR and returned it  a couple of years ago. Can I just go and pick up a DVR from comcast and set it up myself or does a installer have to come to my home. 

Expert

Re: Can I pick up DVR no installer needed

@kelc317 wrote:

I had cable and internet, disconnect my cable (X1 DVR) still have internet . Im thinking about getting cable back. I just disconnected my DVR and returned it  a couple of years ago. Can I just go and pick up a DVR from comcast and set it up myself or does a installer have to come to my home. 

yes. was previous DVR an X1 ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Can I pick up DVR no installer needed

Hi, kelc317! Thank you for participating in our community! Yes, you can definitely visit any Xfinity Store to pick up a new DVR or I can ship you one. Please let me know how would you like to proceed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!