Community Forum

Can I get Broadcast TV fee removed?

Contributor

Can I get Broadcast TV fee removed?

Why would I pay Comcast $14 a month for something I can get on my own with my antenna?  I get 30 some crystal clear channels with a professionally installed antenna.  Comcast has some nerve to charge us for something they aren't even providing.  Would this fee go away with an internet only package?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can I get Broadcast TV fee removed?

Those local stations you can watch for free using an antenna are not free to Comcast. Most of those stations charge Comcast for carrying them, and Comcast charges you in turn. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill.

The only way to avoid the Broadcast TV Fee is to drop all TV service. As long as you subscribe to any TV tier, you'll be subject to the fee.

Contributor

I'll be doing just that.  Can't wait to see how I get raked over the coals on pricing for an Internet only package.

Problem Solver

No need to wait & see . . .

Logon to your online Xfinity Account,  select 'my account' , then select the 'billing tab'.

On the right column select  'Service rates in your area'  to access the 'Rate Card".

Near the bottom of the the rate card list are the rates for Internet only service.

* (note, there is mention in that document of  "new residential customers", so the whole list of prices must apply to  existing customers.)

Gold Problem Solver

@jayjr1105 wrote: I'll be doing just that.  Can't wait to see how I get raked over the coals on pricing for an Internet only package.

If you cancel your TV service, you'll want to check your next few bills carefully. There have been many posts here in the Forums in recent months complaining that the Broadcast TV and Regional Sports Fees continue to be charged, even when they should no longer be.

Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@jayjr1105 wrote: I'll be doing just that.  Can't wait to see how I get raked over the coals on pricing for an Internet only package.

If you cancel your TV service, you'll want to check your next few bills carefully. There have been many posts here in the Forums in recent months complaining that the Broadcast TV and Regional Sports Fees continue to be charged, even when they should no longer be.

Mostly because they have changed their plan either right after, on the same day, or a few days before their bill is generated.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!