Community Forum

Cables to House

New Poster

Cables to House

Why would a <2000 sq ft house need 6 individual coaxial cables from the street run to the house? And, could that much signal usage have an effect on my cable, Internet or wifi service? I only wonder because my service was much better until my new next door neighbor, who works for Comcast, dug in 6 lines from the street box our 2 addresses share, and ran them to 2 new exterior plastic wall mounted boxes in put on his house. During a service call, for one of my many newly occurring Internet/wifi issues, I requested an additional line or lines like my next door Comcast employee has, but was told it couldn't be done. Of course the question of why not was never answered.

Admin1

Re: Cables to House

Hi Cowboy1Lee -- 6 lines running to a house would not be necessary. It's also something we don't do as each residence only needs and gets one line to receive service. Would you be able to send me your neighbor's address though please? Local tech ops would want to have a look at his setup and remove any additional lines that were connection. You can send that address to me in a PM.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.