Community Forum

Cables forever

New Poster

Cables forever

Been almost 3 years since I bought this house and had cable installed. The cable is still laying on the ground across my backyard. Now there is another cable from the box running across my yard, thru a chain link fence about a foot high, across thier yard, tacked on the privacy fence for about 50 feet then to I dont know where. You guys just go in peoples yards and do whatever you want?

Bury my cable.  Remove or bury the other cable by Friday or Its getting cut.

Expert

Re: Cables forever

Hi @Rstantoo

The cables (including yours) are temporary lines. It typically takes around 10 business days to get the lines buried, sometimes longer if they need special permits or if there is a delay in marking other utilities. Apparently, someone messed up and didn't get your line buried. An employee can definitely get that fixed for you. 

I can see why you're annoyed, but they won't be able to bury your neighbor's line right away, they have to wait for underground utilities to be marked. Perhaps you could consider doing your neighbor a kindness so they have service until their line is buried?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Cables forever

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.