Community Forum

CableCard and HDHomeRun Prime

New Poster

CableCard and HDHomeRun Prime

Been on the phone now for 3+ hours for three days in a row trying to get this working. I have a cisco cablecard (which i already replaced once after the first one was DOA). Was able to get the card validation to "success" but when i do a channel scan no channels are found. Have seen other posts on this forum where people have gotten this resolved after a PM from a comcast rep (but thats not really how forums are supposed to work, we should be sharing the knowledge, not privately messaging) so can anyone here help? Seems like the problem for others has been related to routing issues at the local headedend. No phone reps have been able to help (and most dont know what a cablecard is) and my desperate attempts to be transferrred to the cablecard department have resulted in a hang-up or a transfer to another tier 1 rep who also can't solve the issue. Does the cablecard department no longer exist? I only got comcast service installed to be able to use this device. If Comcast cant get it working I have no reason to continue service. 

Official Employee

Re: CableCard and HDHomeRun Prime

Greetings, moclov555! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are running into issues with the CableCard not being able to pick up channels. That's certainly frustrating. I would like to look into this. The CableCard is still around and I apologize to hear you were having issues getting to them. Normally we ask for a PM as we need to take a deep dive into the account to make sure we get things up and running. If it was common troubleshooting then it would remain public to share the fix. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name for I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: CableCard and HDHomeRun Prime

Hello, moclov555. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!