Community Forum

Cable wire in yard and cannot get Comcast to help

New Poster

Cable wire in yard and cannot get Comcast to help

3 weeks ago a tree fell in my yard and brought down some telecomm wires.  We called AT&T first and they very quickly removed their wire within 2 days of calling.  They said the other wire was Comcasts and "good luck getting it removed".  We called Comcast about 10 times.  The first time they put in a ticket to send somebody out a week later and nobody came.  So we called again and they said they would send somebody the next day.  Nobody came.  We called again and same thing happened.  We called again and asked to speak to somebody higher up.  We got the run around.  We called several more times and they gave us a 2 hour window today to come out so we stayed home to wait.  Nobody came.  Called again and we were told that asking to have a LIVE WIRE laying in our yard on top of the fallen tree that we cannot have removed until the wire is gone was a low priorty.  Apparently cable outages are high priority, but dangerous cables in your yard when you have small children and dogs is not a high priority.  We were told it would probably take another 30 days.  Is this really true?  I just want my yard to be safet again and I have to wait another 30 days for a response?  Really?  I have already waited a few weeks....  This is pretty insane! 

Expert

Re: Cable wire in yard and cannot get Comcast to help

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Cable wire in yard and cannot get Comcast to help

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.