Community Forum

Cable run to my house

New Poster

Cable run to my house

I'm moving to a house that doesn't have xfinity cable internet service but 99% of the zip code does have xfinity service.  Is there a way to inquire into the costs of running wire to the house?  My only other cable option maxes out at 3 Mbps download speed but i have a gamer and two streamers in my family.  Satellite is an option but not a good one for said gamer. Please help me keep my kids from revolting against this move (haha)

Expert

Re: Cable run to my house

Hi @t_poulton

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

How have you determined there has been no form of Xfinity service there in the past, tv, phone, or internet.  They all use the same coax.  Look for a network interface box on the side of the house that has a coaxial cable in it coming from underground or overhead.  How old is the house?  A call to Xfinity "should" let you know if service has ever bveen provided to that address. If you are lucky there has been in the past, and you can do a self install, which will be MUCH easier than setting up appointments and dealing with installers and technicians. 

Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.