Community Forum

Cable ready apartment

New Poster

Cable ready apartment

I am moving into a brand new, cable-ready apartment building. My apartment informed me that the building is wired for Xfinity/Comcast and I just need to have Xfinity come out and turn it on in my apartment. When I called Xfinity to set this up, they informed me that since no one at the address of my building has had Comcast service, I will be charged a residential installation fee of $45 and a separate installation fee of $44.99. I asked why I had to pay for this residential installation fee and what exactly it meant. She told me that it so that the tech could go up the utility pole and run wires to the building and establish service. Again, I told her that the building is already wired and ready to go. She said that I had to pay that fee since I was the first to have Comcast service. I told her that I am the first in my specific apartment but there are 100 units in my building and again, it’s wired already. She informed me that I was paying the installation fee for the entire building and that future residents wouldn’t have to pay it but since I was first, I had to pay to get the wires run to the building. This makes absolutely no sense. Why would I pay so that all the other units can have service? And again, the building established the connection with Xfinity at the time they opened for business and all of the units are cable ready.
Can you please help me? Thank you.
Expert

Re: Cable ready apartment

Oh wow. I think that rep needs a little further training. The fee is the same for everyone, if they have to send a tech, you'll get charged a fee. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Cable ready apartment

Hi Abmoran. I can assist with reviewing your address specifically and provide a quote for install. If you'd like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and contact phone number so I can assist you.