Community Forum

Cable not being buried after months- across a street and a sidewalk

New Poster

Cable not being buried after months- across a street and a sidewalk

We have tried everything to get a cable buried between two buildings, across a road, grass and a sidewalk. We have had 3 technicians come out and the line has been broken by big trucks and repaired once. Customer Service keeps sending technicians who don't have the ability to bury the cable. In our area they hire a third party company to come. We have explained it to them and they have assured us that it will be buried when the technician comes out. The technician came and said he would create a ticket for the vendor to bury the line. We have a language barrier/ poorly trained CS people. We would like to know who to contact.
We have had cancelled appointments, no shows, and broken promises for escalations. We would like to know who we need to contact to get this resolved after months of a safety issue?
New Poster

Cable drop across two hubs/ street and sidewalk

How can I get this done- it's been since November. I have tried everything! Lots of calls, 3 techs, chatting online, and Nothing.
Expert

Re: Cable drop across two hubs/ street and sidewalk

If it's a line that runs between two pedestals, then it is not a drop. It is a temporary mainline. Neither tech nor third-party contractors would bury that line, it would be done by the construction department. It's not unusual for it to take months for those lines to be buried; weather, engineering studies, permits etc all take time. There is nothing you can do but wait for Comcast to fix it.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Admin1

Re: Cable not being buried after months- across a street and a sidewalk

Hi RJacksonGa -- I can help with that line. nerdburg is correct about what kind of line this most likely is and what it takes to have it taken care of. I can get in contact with our construction department to get a status on it. Please send me a PM with where this line is located and I'll work with construction to have it taken care of. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.